Dr Gurbir Kaur
MBBS, DNB (Anaesthesia), FFPMANZCA
Specialist Pain Medicine Physician
Dr Gurbir Kaur is a Specialist Pain Medicine Physician working full-time at Metro Pain Group. Her interest in chronic pain stems from close observation of the lives of people and practices around her. This inspired her interest in the multi-dimensional aspects of chronic pain. She has trained as a fellow of the Faculty of Pain Medicine, Australia & New Zealand college of Anaesthetist and was employed as the Supervisor of training and Staff Specialist at Royal Hobart Hospital.
She takes an integrated approach to pain management and aims to help enhance patient confidence and their capacity in leading a productive life. Dr Kaur is particularly interested in pelvic pain and central sensitization. Her management style involves both interventional and non-interventional pain management techniques. She is available for consults in English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Pelvic pain
- Interventions in pain practice
- Multidisciplinary pain management
- Neuropathic pain
- Persistent post-surgical pain
- Central sensitization
- Mechanism based management of pain
- Detailed Bio-psycho-social assessment and diagnosis
- Multi-disciplinary care in liaison with GPs, Specialist, and allied health practitioners
- Medication optimization
- Interventional pain procedures
Dr Kaur is accessible for urgent reviews and welcomes direct calls from GPs and specialists for advice.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBBS)
- Diplomate of the National Board in Anaesthesia (DNB Anaesthesia)
- Fellow of Faculty of Pain Medicine Australia & New Zealand (FFPMANZCA)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- International Neuromodulation Society
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- Pain School International
- Member of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists
Metro Pain Group
Dr Kaur consults at Metro Pain Group.
Metro Pain Group are global leaders in the field of pain management. Our team of expert practitioners aim to enhance our patients’ quality of life through the reduction of acute, chronic and complex pain.